Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Wicked Awesome Conversation

I'm in Paris, France right now waiting for my connecting flight to West Africa. Our team isn't "supposed" to be here. Our airplane from DFW was grounded and then we missed our connection to Brussels. No..not waffles (if confused, see below).
After much haggling and 16 different itineraries, we ended staying the night in New York only to be rerouted to Paris missing an entire day in Africa. Good times.
Because our American Airlines screwed up our day, they decided to bump 7 out of 8 of us up to first class. Since the one person they didn't bump up is a lady who is volunteering to help us out this week, I exchanged seats with her.

Even though I was on a flight I wasn't "supposed" to be on in a seat I wasn't "supposed" to sit in, God placed me on this flight to a man named Victor who is a violinist for the musical, Wicked.

During the course of our conversation, Victor asked me a lot about our work and about what we are doing. Then for the next 2 hours, I shared with Victor my faith in Jesus and how one comes to believe in God. God then gave me the opportunity to share how Jesus is a gift that God has provided by His grace. Victor told me that he had never heard Christianity explained like this.
Our flight is ready to take off, I just pray Victor will one day find the courage and desire to take that next step towards finding Jesus.

1 comment:

Secy 185 said...

God is great! I often think that we are so amazed when we see where He is working, how amazed we would be to see how involved He is all the time in the "coincidences" of our days.