Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Kenyaberry Tales...

On my trip to Kenya, I developed a friendship with a 3 year old named Gareb. He was the funniest little kid. For one reason or another he took a liking to me and spent all of his waking hours following me around...and punching me below the belt.

While at camp, I was walking off to clean myself up for supper. Gareb walked up to me and said, "where are you going."

Me: I'm going to go conquer France.

Gareb: Can I go?

Me: Its a long walk. You might need to go ask your mother. She's in the other room.

Gareb: If she says yes, can I go?

Me: You'll probably need to pack a sandwhich and bring a jacket.

Gareb: Ok.

I didn't think too much about this conversation. About 30 minutes later, Gareb walks into my room with a hooded sweatshirt and a sandwhich in a zip-lock bag.

Gareb: Are you ready to go conquer France?

Me: Its almost 9pm How about we conquer France in the morning?

1 comment:

John said...

I am glad the Toad is home.