Monday, April 10, 2006

Daddy Daycare

Lindsay is in Montana right now leading a Week of E3 trip. I guess she took my, "Why don't you go on Week of E!" threat a little too personal. This means that I have been watching the Addybear the last couple of days...and it has been an absolute blast!

The other night while I was rocking Addy to sleep, I was overwhelmed with a sense of love for my little one. I sat there wondering if she knows that she is loved by her daddy. I then started reflecting upon how our Heavenly Father looks upon us. I had one of those moments when it finally sunk in to my thick head that there isn't a whole lot that I can do for God. Even though I spend most of my service to him trying to "do" things for God, I think God would much rather that I "be" with him and enjoy his presence. This is not to say that we cannot "do" and "be" at the same time. I am merely asserting that I spend too much time in activity than making my activity the practice of God's presence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Toadie!
I feel like I've been out of the loop for so long. I can hardly believe you're a dad...I'm sure you are awesome at it!
Sounds like you guys are in for some new life adventures. I'll have to catch up with you when our jr high event comes to Dallas in October.
Take care!

A boy named Toadie said...

Sara,

Thanks for stopping by. It is so good to hear from you. I just hope that we have our support raised by October so that you can come see us.

Blessings on you my friend

A boy named Toadie said...

This was such a fun week by the way. It is hard finding time to blog and stuff when you are chasing a toddler around but it was an incredilbe week.