This whole week I have been preaching at CIY's Know Sweat conference. It has been a lot of fun. I still absolutely love to be around college kids. They just crack me up.
Last night before my message, I got into a conversation with one of the staff from CIY about the funniest thing he has ever seen on a mission trip. He told me that one time when he was in Ghana, a youth minister from Oklahoma was asked to give the sermon. Before he got up to preach, the congregation sang this beautiful song that moved the youth minister deeply. The youth minister then said, "That is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Would someone translate it for me?"
The congregation sat still for several seconds until a deep baratone from back yelled out, "It was in English."
Want to get away?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment