
I lost...to a woman named Eunice. It was a bitter pill to swallow this morning. After many years of making idiotic picks, this year I actually had a shot at winning the whole thing. But then Georgetown decided not to win. And I still couldn't pass up on making idiotic picks in the first round (which turned out to be the difference maker). As it turns out, I lost by 2 points. But as Ricky Bobby says, "If you don't finish first, you're last." And first loser feels pretty awful.
I don't know whom to write at CBS about this but Billy Packer is taking stupid pills again. That is the only solution that I can come up with that makes any sense. Surely no human being could intentionally say the asinine things that he does. At one point during the game, I just started yelling at Mr. Packer to shut up and stop talking about teams from 1947. Nobody cares Bill.
I also wish people would forget about the Fab Five. They lost for crying out loud. No one remembers that it was a sucky North Carolina team that beat them that year. They still lost...and they cheated. And they were the Fab Five that never won anything....sort of like one Midwestern Monk. Here's to you second place. Maybe next year we'll win a kick in the pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment