Saturday, June 14, 2008

God's Commentary


Sometimes I ask the Lord why He hasn't returned yet. It has been almost 2,000 years since He left this earth in bodily form.
I get impatient and wonder why Jesus is so "slow" in returning. But as one of my fellow monks said to me yesterday, "every sunrise is God's commentary that our work isn't finished yet."
As I walk away from our annual training event at Pioneer Bible Translators, I am reminded once again how BIG God's mission is and how this work can only be done through His empowering.
I am also reminded by Peter's words in II Peter 3:9 when he writes, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentence."
As I sit here this Saturday morning, I know there is much work left to be done and I am thankful that Jesus is patient with us in giving us another day to help everyone come to repentence.

No comments: