Monday, June 02, 2008

Why Didn't I take the Blue Pill?


Last Thursday, I sent an e-mail to my prayer supporters asking them to pray for the Mrs. Midwestern Monk and I as we begin training our summer interns.
What I didn't know is that right after sending out this e-mail that I was going to go down with Malaria like a coked up monkey on trapeze wire.
Yep, I got malaria while in Africa and just now came down with it. In case you are wondering, malaria hides in your liver and then comes out when you are fatigued or stressed. Check and check.
Lindsay said at one point that I was comatose and not responding to any of her questions. All I know is that the extremes of chills to extreme fever aren't as fun as you might think. Ok, I don't know anyone who would think this is fun but I thought I might leave the door open for some lost soul.
On top of not preventing my malaria, the doxycycline I was taking also gave me thrush (I would show a picture but it would make a billy goat puke...or at least me).
So in short Isay to you "Doxycycline", thanks for nothing. You will not be getting a Christmas card from the Midwestern Monk.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!!