Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Camping with Uncle Toadie

Sometime during this week I turned into Jay Leno. I'm not really sure when it happened or even how but..."a funny thing happened to me on the way to the studio tonight." (it sounded a lot funnier in my head then it does in print).

This week has been an absolute blast and breath of fresh air. I have to admit that when I got here on Sunday, I wasn't really looking forward to the week ahead. This has been a grueling summer and...well...I have never had too much luck with Jr. High students. I didn't even have luck with Jr. High students when I was a Jr. High student.

However, God has surprised me by opening my heart to some of the neatest kids I have encountered in a long time and they have grabbed my heart. Many of them have never made a public confession to make Jesus Christ their Lord and Savior. My heart simply brakes for these guys. Many of them are carrying around so many burdens and baggage. Each morning when I get up to speak, I ask God to use me to convey His message that the Kingdom of God is at their finger tips. Please pray for God to work in their hearts.

The kids have responded well to my lessons and to my humor. And that is what is important. Right guys? Guys?

In all seriousness, I want to thank anyone out there who prayed for me this week. I have definitely felt God's power working through me.

P.S. That couple in my previous blog didn't show up to lead worship. Dave Jarrett is here instead. Big sigh of relief. Fade to black. And cut.

2 comments:

Jarretts said...

Jackson just wanted to let you know that he is still the "Baddest Dude at Camp"! : ) We had a GREAT week. Take care! We are praying for your family as you continue your summer of fundraising!

The Jarretts

A boy named Toadie said...

Jackson --you are so lucky I'm not at camp. I could totally take you...well, at least 2 out of 5 matches.