This morning before heading to the office I took Adeline on a walk up to the park. Since she is probably the only kid in North America who wakes up at 6am,we were the only ones there. While pushing her on the swing, she laughed with delight and squealed, "Again, again." She then looked over at me and said, "I happy." I just love it when she says that...and when she asks strangers for money. But we won't talk about that right now.
Prior to this moment, I was thinking about all the things that I "HAD" to do today. It then hit me that I needed to have the same kind of attitude at play in the work of my heavenly Father. I realized how much more fun the day would be if I could squeal, "Again, again" after each task and have the same kind of joy that Adeline was having on the swing.
On a side note, I am happy. I love the work that I am doing. I know that this is probably the honeymoon stage of this work but I can't wait to wake up each day and tell people how God is moving in our lives and in the ministry of Pioneer Bible Translators. This is not to say that everything is peaches and cream right now. There are a lot of unknowns (i.e will we sell our house, will we be able to afford insurance, will we raise our support and yada, yada, yada). However, I see God moving...and I see the attacks of the evil one. These two things combined together makes me believe that we are in a good place doing the Lord's work.
Monday, July 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
toad, thanks for the great analogy...that is such a great reminder to be "happy" with our father.
unfortunately it would not be my typical post without some smartalec remark so i was just curious who the "evil one" who is attacking is. usually it's soebeck.
With that big freakin sledge hammer
Yay!! Thanks for sharing that. I needed to hear that today when I'm not wanting to say "again, again" to tomorrow.
I continue to pray for you guys and relate with you every step of the way. What a beautiful picture of God's provision we are allowed to see when we go through such times. I wouldn't trade that year before Russia of support-raising for anything...
Thanks for encouraging me today Nathan.
Post a Comment