Thursday, October 25, 2007

D-Day

Delivery Day is quietly knocking on our door, whispering is a slow muffled voice, "It's time."

Within the next couple of days, our daughter Jayden Abigail will take her first gasps of this world. There are a lot of emotions floating around me right now. I can't wait to meet this little one face to face. I'm so excited that I'm about to pop. I can't wait to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her.

On the other hand, the uncertainty of the moment still makes my feet go cold and my stomach churn a little more than I would like to admit. Watching my wife endure the curse of child bearing is flat out hard to handle.

I also worry about the kind of world my little one will come to know as reality. Will she see an American society that will continue to rot away at its core? Will she be able to withstand the many temptations and destractions that this world has to offer? Will she grow up to be a woman who loves the Lord more than she loves her very life?

A father can only hope...and pray.

No comments: