I made the mistake of reading the news before I went to bed tonight. No matter how much I try, I can't seem to shake the story I read about a 2 year old girl named Grace who was beaten to death by her parents and then thrown into the river. I could post the link but I don't want to ever hear or read about this story again.
Why someone would do anything like this is incomprehensible to me. I'm embarrassed that we live in a land where this can happen. I'm disappointed in the human race once again. Just when I think we have slipped to the bottom ring of depravity...something like this happens.
I want to vomit with anger. I want to cry from my soul. I want to go upstairs and hold my Addybear and tell her over and over again how much I love her.
Do I want justice for these people? I don't know....I don't know if there is justice for them. If there is, I don't know if I can bear to watch it or read about it in tomorrow's news. If I were to be honest with what I know to be true, these people need God's grace. They need to be surrounded by God's unfathomable love.
I don't want to live in a world without love...but even more so, I wish I didn't have to live in a world without Grace.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A Psalm
God,
My soul aches for you in the midst of a hurting land. We need your healing touch and your calming presence. Our only hope is in you. Whom else can we turn to in our time of torment? Whom else can heal our broken hearts?
We will turn our hearts and hope to the LORD. He will pick us up and help us to rise up on the wings of eagles for our God is a mighty warrior.
Its always harder when you hear a story about a child who is the same age and gender as your own child. I remember falling apart in class one time when the prof told a story about a six year old who had problems in school because he didn't like the teacher yelling at him. My son was six at the time and had a teacher yelling at him.
Post a Comment