Monday, May 26, 2008

The Midwestern Monk Goes Medieval...

Today we loaded the whole fam into the Midwestern Monk Mobil and went to a Renaissance festival. To be honest, I didn't see too much to persuade me that this festival was anything short of a Middle Ages Fair but I will keep my IDS to myself. Thank you Dr. Messner.

This guy (the Falconer below) taught me that vultures avoid getting attacked in the animal world because whenever threatened, they throw up on their attackers. This is a tactic that a certain Midwestern Monk will most likely be using in my next gang fight.

There are more people in our society longing to play dress up than I previously anticipated. It was quite difficult determining which people at the festival worked there and which people were exploring their inner Medieval warrior...either that or we should be afraid America, very afraid.

Here are some of the fun pics from the day.

After this presentation, I may put hawks on my list of animals that I am afraid of...but not yet. I still want to see them pick up a small dog and eat it in person before they make The List.

This is me getting on a rocking filled motion ride after eating a greasy fried thing and some over warm kool-aid. Good times.

Who's that dude? Thanks to the lazy trainers, this kid will forever be in all of our family pictures. Thanks guys.
The best $5 I have ever spent.

This guy's Scottish accent was better than his jousting.


This was by far NOT the most ridiculous hat at the festival.

Mrs. Midwestern Monk taking up arms...just in case.

No comments: