Thursday, May 15, 2008

West Africa


It is a little past 7am and I am sitting in a coffee shop in the Brussels airport sipping on a cup of overpriced coffee and enjoying a Belgium Waffle. As it turns out, in Belgium you don’t have to ask for a “Belgium” Waffle, they just give it to you when you ask for a waffle. Life question #237 finally answered.

As I sit here looking at my pictures from the last 2 weeks in West Africa (and burning my tongue on my overpriced coffee) many fond memories, stories and conversations flood my mind. I find myself pleading with God to provide the workers for His harvest to help my fellow missionaries in West Africa bring Jesus to these beautiful people.

Here is a picture of baby Marie from my friend Estell’s rescue center. Estell hasn’t officially opened the rescue center yet but has already had 2 babies brought to her. When Marie was found abandoned by her parents, she weighed only 2kg. Now she is a vibrant healthy little girl who is waiting to be adopted. As I look into the deep dark eyes of this little one I cannot help but wonder what was going on in her parents’ lives that they felt they needed to abandon such a beautiful girl. I learn quickly that the people at the center don’t speak of the children as abandoned but as “gifts delivered from God.” Estell tells me she needs someone to help her with the flood of children that will need adopted.

No comments: