
Here I am with an imam named, “The Black Snake” who I met in the village of K----. This gentleman is not only a teacher of Islam, but he is also regarded as the “Keeper of the Forest.”
I am not really sure the responsibilities that are attached with being the “Keeper of the Forest” but I know that this tender hearted man is searching for God. Early one morning when I went outside to read the scriptures, this man was sitting in his doorway across from me reading the Koran trying to know how God wants him to live. This was a surreal moment for me. While it wasn't appropriate to take a picture of this scene out of respect for my friend, I hope the image will forever be burned in my head.
I wonder how much more my friend would come to know God if he had all of God’s Word in a language he could understand.
I am not really sure the responsibilities that are attached with being the “Keeper of the Forest” but I know that this tender hearted man is searching for God. Early one morning when I went outside to read the scriptures, this man was sitting in his doorway across from me reading the Koran trying to know how God wants him to live. This was a surreal moment for me. While it wasn't appropriate to take a picture of this scene out of respect for my friend, I hope the image will forever be burned in my head.
I wonder how much more my friend would come to know God if he had all of God’s Word in a language he could understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment