
If in the coming days the Midwestern Monk mysteriously comes up missing, gets run off the road by a unmarked car or accidently has a piano fall on my face...look no further than the National Basketball Association. Yes, you read that right, the NBA. Why you ask?
I smell a rat....or some really old potato chips that I should have thrown away a couple of weeks ago.
Fact 1: The story broke that a NBA official had been betting on games.
Fact 2: The NBA League Office jumped into damage control to keep their revenue coming in. If people started questioning the legitamacy of their sport, would they continue to pay attention (with an emphasis on pay) at all?
Fact 3: Shortly after the story of this crooked official broke, the Minnesota Timberwolves decide to trade one of the premier basketball players --Kevin Garnett--for a bunch of unproven talent to one of the most storied franchises in the NBA --the Boston Celtics.
Fact 4: After KG is traded, the Boston Media goes crazy and the crooked official story is swept under the rug. "The NBA has integrity problems? Who cares? The Celtics just landed KG baby!"
Coincidence? I think not. How did this happen you say?
I think the League Office saw their cash cow in danger. They in turn made a deal with one Kevin McHale and the Timberwolves to make this ridiculous trade for under the table considerations. The KG stories makes a big splash, the league is saved.
Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
1 comment:
McHale was a celtic, so maybe he was trying to help his "old" team. Even as a conspiracy, I'm glad the celtics beat your lakers!
Post a Comment