
This fall I am giving a seminar up in Chicago entitled, "When the Word Doesn't Dwell Amongst Us."
I am opening up my presentation by asking, "What would the world look like if the Word had not become flesh?
How would our worldview be altered if Jesus had not made his dwelling among us? Or what if we had never received the message that there is a “life that is the light of all men?”
I know I continually talk about the Bible-less peoples of the world and the tragedy that it is that some 2,000 years after Jesus instruction to make disciples of all nations that some people still have not had the chance to hear about Jesus in a language they understand.
I can't contain this fire in my bones I have for helping these dear chidren of God know Jesus. I feel a burden on my heart to be their voice as they are continually overlooked.
I have also come to the realization that without scripture and the work of William Tyndale, I would not have ever made Jesus the focus of my devotion and energies.
Jesus, would you please work in your church to help us complete the task you have given us? Help us to be faithful in this generation...and in this household. If you return in the near future may you find us obedient and faithful to your instruction.
4 comments:
On a lighter note,
Do you think you could address what would have happened if Jesus had a child?
You guys all made fun of me for asking that and then Dan Brown writes the "DaVinci Code" and makes a truck load of money.
Sellout? Maybe. Millionaire, absolutely.
Talk amongst yourselves.
Nathan- I found one of those newsletters you used to send over the summer! It made me smile and miss you friend!
Jennifer,
I forgot all about those. It is weird to think that we were in college during the time when e-mail was still developing.
One day I will tell my kids that I actually used to write people letters with a pen. Weird.
Post a Comment