Wednesday, September 03, 2008

In Our Best Interest

This morning we took Jayden to the doctor to have an ultrasound on her kidneys. We will not know the results of the test until next week. Our prayer is that her kidneys are working as they should and that she doesn't have reflux. I simply love my girls and would do anything to take away any harm that may come their way. This is where I have to trust that our Father is in control.

While Jayden got her test, I had to hold her down and keep her still so the technician could do his job. As you can imagine, this was a painful experience for both Jayden and I. While I hated to see her struggle, I know this temporary discomfort is in her best interest.

As I drove home from the hospital today, I couldn't help but wonder if there are certain things God allows us to go through because He knows it is in our best interest. He knows that our greatest need in this world isn't health. It isn't financial stability, happiness or even friends.

God knows that our greatest need is Him. He knows that our greatest problems come when we are self-sufficient and when we think we have our crap together.

I'm just thankful that He is available and willing to step into our pain. How can we not love a God like that?

3 comments:

The Mollet Family said...

Any updates about Jayden?

A boy named Toadie said...

Thanks for asking.

Jayden was sick all weekend with a fever. Since she is at risk of having a kidney infection, we had to take her to the emergency room.

Everything checked out fine in the kidney department.

We visited with her doctors yesterday and we are going to have 2 exams in November to definitively determine if her kidneys are functioning properly.

The Mollet Family said...

I'll pray for you all...I know from experience with Carissa and her reflux, it isn't great, but I'm so thankful they have tests that can find any problems like this. She'll probably have to go for another one again in December--it gets tougher as they get older because they remember it all!
Take care...let me know if you all want any advice about the test. But I guess we'll see you in October, right?