Friday, October 10, 2008

Catching Up


This past week in Illinois has been so much fun. I have seen so many friends and family that I am overwhelmed by the number of people God has allowed us to see...and the trip isn't even half way over.
In fact, I am sitting in the Warehouse of the ole Alma Mater as I write this. I am really proud to be an alum of LCC. I really am. I learned a lot here, met my wife here, and came to fall in love with Jesus here.
I think my favorite part of this trip has been catching up with old friends and telling stories. Like the time that I took these crazy college freshmen stold my van while we were helping Miss Pearl up in Chicago. They in turn locked the keys inside the van and then had to "carjack" it in order to get them free. Good times (p.s. I have video and you guys will never win an elected office).
I also was reminded of the time that I threw a rock at Craig Arnold and broke the door window of the Hole. The reason why I remembered this is because I saw Craig Arnold and I didn't have a rock in my hand to throw at him again. I have always said in my defense "Have you met the kid?"
I also remember the time when Hawkeye, BJ and I were sitting around in the Swamp driking martini's while Radar tried to find his teddy bear. Wait, that was M.A.S.H. I keep getting my college career and episodes of M.A.S.H. mixed up. They lived in Korea, my best friend was Korean. They operated on people, he stayed up all night killing bees. They would play practical jokes on Frank, we would play practical jokes on Hobert. I know, I know. It's almost impossible to figure it out.
And then you have those crazy times when Charlie would just jump out of the bushes while we were in surgery...wait, that was M.A.S.H. again.
Oh well. I guess I probably should look a little closer to who I am sending my Alumni dues too though.

1 comment:

Neil and Courtney said...

after this political season, I don't want to be president anyway.

so in your face.

:)