I am experiencing a season of extreme joy right now. God is blessing our family in so many ways and gratitude is upon my heart. It is fun (and sometimes taxing) to see how God is preparing us for the move to Dallas.
This is the first time in three weeks where I haven't felt like I was going 100mph. I was here at the office late last night finishing up my seminary. I know it wasn't my best work that I have ever turned in but it was the very best work that I could give God in this moment. I pray that God saw it as a sweet aroma. I do know that I was blessed by what I studied. As part of our walk through the various genres in scripture, we are trying to discover the author's thematic purpose. Last night I encountered a great text in Acts 20:7-12. I know this probably won't zing anyone but I was just amazed at the fact that Jesus Christ is alive and through his death and resurrection, we have life too.
My prayer this morning was that I would come alive today and be overflowing with God's Spirit...and here I sit basking in the joy of the Lord. Thank you Father for giving me this wonder gift today. May I extend your love and life to as many people as you put in my way today.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"May I extend your love and life to as many people as you put in my way today."
Reading this entry did that for me today.
Soebs and Meade --man, I can't tell you guys apart. Are you twins? I hope you guys remember that sketch or I am just not funny...on several different levels.
Soebs-Thanks for the words of encouragement. I miss you. Especially during tournament times.
Meade --By zing I mean one of those moments when someone gets excited about a new thought. Sometimes when I am in class or reading the Bible I find something that just strikes me as powerful but then people I mention it to look at me like I have crabs coming out of my head.
huh, huh. you said, "people look at me like I have crabs."
Ahahahahaha! A Dr. Lowery burn, that's the worst kind!
Post a Comment