My heart is heavy right now. I just heard a presentation by William Butler (a missionary of 28 years in PNG) about the 65 people groups in the Madang Providence of Paupa New Guinea who are waiting for someone to come to them to share the Word of God in their mother tongue. As this faithful man of God spoke of his work, he began to get choked up because he is almost done with completing his translation of the Bible for the Waran people.
Sometimes during the course of my job, words such as "Papua New Guinea", "unreached", and "Bible-less" all become a giant blur. Then God puts a face and a name to these words...and they come to life. As I see the pictures of the people who make up the various unreached people groups, my heart just breaks. My thoughts turn to the men and women who go to bed each night in fear that one of the spirits will bring them bodily harm. I think of the wailing of mothers and fathers who have no explanation for death. I think of the abused children who cry out for mercy to a God they do not know.
I need to go pray and trust God will raise up His Church to do something about it.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you for sharing your heart. i'm thankful to have your blog to remind me of what's going on with those who have never even heard of Jesus. do you have a mailing list? i'd like to get updates if you do so i can be praying for you and the ministry more. thanks.
Post a Comment