Thursday, June 28, 2007

Injuries at the Dinner Table



Two nights ago I was struggling to get Addy to finish her dinner. At one point she started playing with a piece of fruit and then proceeded to throw it on the floor.

Very perturbed I told her to "go get it."

She then started crying, "I don't want to." (I hope this is just a stage or her wedding day is going to be a disaster).

With a crazy look in my eye (the one I learned from my mom when she made the same face at me as a kid) I calmly told Addy, "Go pick it up."

Addy then shot back, "But my feet hurt."

Me: "Your feet hurt? From what?"

Addy: "From eating!"

Yep. I think this one takes the cake.

So if you are ever over at my house, watch out for the crazy mangos that cause pain to your feet.

2 comments:

TWH said...

I wonder where she gets her off the wall imagination?

Anonymous said...

gee, cant imagine lol

You should have said, "Your butt's gonna hurt in a minute!"

Well, we spank (not everyone does)...often I have said to my oldest as she rants about something
"Does your butt hurt?" as I throw a loving smile her way.