Monday, June 18, 2007

Thinking Inside the Box


I just found this picture of some lads from Papua New Guinea playing in this box on the beach. As I look at this scene, I am reminded of why I do what I do...I just want little guys like this (along with all of God's children) the opportunity to know Jesus.
I'm also reminded by how hard it is to convince people here in America that they might actually enjoy living in a tropical paradise. "I guess tropical climates, sandy beaches, getting to tell people about Jesus and changing a whole generation of people's lives could be pretty cool but no thanks."
This is why the Midwestern Monk is going to encourage people from this day forth to quit thinking outside the box. The whole outside the box used to be revolutionary but now everyone is doing it so now we need a generation of people to re-explore the box. You never know, you just might find that what lies inside the box is the answer to the question that keeps nagging at your soul.

No comments: