
Upon hearing that Danny Haren is the AL All-Star Starter tonight it got me thinking about this year's Cardinals. When you factor all the former St. Louis Cardinals around MLB, would you rather have our roster or the roster that could have been?
Current Team:
C Yadiar Molina
1B Albert Pujols
2B Adam Kennedy
3B Scott Rolen
SS David Ecstein/Miles
LF Chris Duncan
CF Jim Edmonds/So Taguchi
RF Juan Encarnacion
SP Brandon Looper
SP Kip Wells
SP Anthony Reyes
SP Mark Mulder/Thompson
SP Mark Mulder/Thompson
SP Chris Carpenter/Wellemeyer
CL Jason Isringhausen
CouldawouldamightaBeen Team:
C Derik Barton
1B Dmitri Young
2B Ronnie Belliard
3B Placido Polanco
SS Edgar Renteria
SS Edgar Renteria
LF Reggie Sanders
CF Cocoa Crisp
RF J.D. Drew
SP Danny Haren
SP Matt Morris
SP Woody Williams
SP Jeff Suppan
SP Jamie Moyer
CL Kiko Calero
Obviously you would like to mix and match but I think I would lead towards the team that we have.
7 comments:
Man, I know he started the All-Star game, and is the leading contender for the NL Cy Young right now, but I liked the trading of Dan Haren when we did it, and I still am not really impressed with his stuff. Smoke and Mirrors my friend, smoke and mirrors.
Not impressed with his stuff? What are you smoking? As you just said, "He is the leading contender for the [AL] Cy Young."
I completely agree that it was the right trade at the time. We needed a big time pitcher to get us over the hump in the playoffs. Who knew that Jeff Weaver was going to pitch his brains out.
I just thought it would be interesting to show that Walt Jockety is great at what he does but he has still not perfect.
Which team would you rather have?
And why didn't LaRussa allow Pujols bat last night with the game on the line? Errrrrr
P.S. If you cook a "roast" in a crock pot shouldn't you call it a crock rather than a roast? I'm just sayin'
nobody cares about baseball dudes...its in the Bible.
oh yah...I wanted to comment on your profile.
"does being hansome count for anything"
Uh...no, but spelling sure does.
I swear, I had to double-check...for a second I thought I was looking at Adam Hughes profile cuz he's the kind of guy that if you gave him a dollar and said "spell cheese"...he'd say "smell what?" (doesnt make much sense does it). He's the kind of guy that you let write down 2 letter words in a boggle game...and half of them are still wrong.
He's the kind of kid that you hope has a girlfriend who doesnt want to play scrabble, that way she can lean over his should and position his tiles.
wuh-oh pizzas here. anyways I expected more from you, Toad. Learn to spell, all that baseball is rotting your brain.
The Cardinals are playing in the NL this year? I didn't know, because they are getting so little highlight reel action.
As much as I dislike the Cardinals, I respect the Cardinals and their management. So this would be my suggestion for them, have a fire sale and rebuld the team around Pujols, Duncan, and Molina. Edmonds is clearly way past prime and Rolen is no longer the best 3b in MLB, or the NL Central for that matter. It happens to all winning teams, they decline and they have to rebuild. They might as well because the immediate future belongs to the Brewers, and no realo quick move is going to make the Cardinals better than the Brewers.
BTW, crock is a name already taken for something not very appetizing.
Do the Cubs have to beat the Cardinals single handed? Will no one else in the NL help out? I hate it when my comments about baseball are deemed irrelevant less than a month later.
Post a Comment