I have a new boss. I don't know if the school is letting people know at this point that we have a new academic dean but I do know that I don't want to be the guber guy who decides to put classified information on my blog and then get fired. I would much rather get fired and then start posting clacified information on this blog. Which reminds me, did you know that I have files on pretty much everyone who went to LCC? Don't worry, I haven't gone through them...yet.
In other news...
I am way too in to the Hot Stove Reports. I don't know if it is the juicy gossip of what Major League teams are doing, my longing for St. Louis to win a championship or if I have some major mental illness that makes me check all these websites. I just absolutely love hearing what MLB teams are doing with their wheeling and dealing.
While we are talking sports, I am still a huge Lakers fan. I don't know why or how. I know it is the popular thing right now to pile on Kobe Bryant and the Lakers with a lot of hate but I still find myself wanting the Lake Show to return.
2) I am so excited that Notre Dame Football is back. I think they have been one of the most fun teams to watch in all of college football. I just became a fan in the last 3 years when Ty Willingham took over the program. I still think he got hosed but I love where they are heading.
3) Can the Rams get any worse? Awwwww.
4) The Illini make me nervous. I don't know if you saw the game on Saturday but they didn't score a single point for 7 minutes into the game. For all of you non-sports fans, that is the equivalent of JK Jones not reading a book for 3 months.
5) I secretly like the Memphis Grizzlies. I think it is the Eddie Jones/Shane Battier combination. When I got the free pay-per-view, I found myself choosing them over every team.
6) I saw a movie with Jim Carey last night called, "Eternal Sunshine." I found the ending to be fascinating. Has anyone else seen this movie? I forget most people see movies more than once a month but this movie was just a wonderful concept.
Love, Peace and Chicken Grease
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
tom tanner is one of my heros. i hope he is sticking around in some form.
what hot stove sites have you been hitting? i've been keeping up with ken rosenthal from fox, http://mlbtraderumors.com and http://vivaelbirdos.com. if you've found others worth tracking, please let me know.
and one more thing: i was never convicted of those misdemeanors that are recorded in my file. i was merely accused.
peace.
Gentry --Tom Tanner is sticking around to do more self-study kind of work. He is an amazing man of wisdom. It has been a great pleasure to work for him. I just recently started going to http://prosportsdaily.com/ for my hot stove fixes. This is a website that has stories from newspapers around the U.S. It gives you different perspectives of what other areas are saying. I also check out stltoday.com/sports/cards and then go to the talk forum. It is just a good place to see what cardinal nation is thinking. They are never accurate..and that is half the fun. As far as the misdemeanors go...I can't say anything without our lawyer present :)
Couldn't agree more with Jamie. Eternal Sunshine is in my top five ever. I was so deeply moved by it that I'm not even sure how to talk about it. I could almost feel stupid in trying to explain my feelings. I will say that the funniest moment I've had with it was when I used it as a clip in Castelein's class. Trying to explain it was hard and I was a little bit too fan-boyish. The whole class just looked at me like, "Dude. You are weird." And there was cussing (gasp) in my clip, which I'm sure won me negative points with one gal who momentarily cupped her virgin ears. However, in the end, they looked at me with even more suspicion when I said Pasolini's "The Gospel According to St. Matthew" was far better than "The Passion of the Christ." And with that, I'm done talking about useless stories.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is my favorite movie ever. I blogged about it a long time ago, I will have to drudge that back up and re-post it.
And, I hate what Burnett is doing to us, but I still really, really want him. He hit 104 on the gun earlier this year. No joke.
soebs - burnett has a fifty-five million dollar arm and a ten cent head. i wouldn't mind having him drafting behind carp, but i wouldn't give him a 5 year deal.
toad - i'm glad tanner is sticking around. with the amount of responsibility he's had heaped on his shoulders the last couple of years it's a wonder he hasn't had a nervous breakdown.
wow, im such a cliche. i liked eternal sunshine as well. charlie kaufman is a genius. check out Adaptation some time. its my favorite by him.
Post a Comment