Apparently there was a snowbird sighting a few nights ago. I don't know what it is about this mythical bird but it makes Holers do the craziest of things. Much in the fashion of the Sirens in Homer's Odyssey, this snowbird's call will beckon mere mortals to drop all that they are doing--and sometimes wearing--in the pursuit of possessing this bird as their own. Legend has it that whoever can catch this bird will be offered a seat on the Bible Theology Field. Just ask Neil Windham.
I remember the first time this mythical bird called me out of my beloved dormroom. It was a little past midnight and all was calm on the Western front. But sudenly a shout rang out from the depths of one man's tormented soul. "Snowbird!" Excitement raced up and down the dorm. Slumber halted and adreniline flowed like Bourbon in an alcoholic's dream.
When the starter's pistol sounded, I took my first step towards immortality. I was going to be the one to bring home this bird home to roost. But the ice covered snow was too much for my chubby little legs to handle and down I went. It wouldn't have been too bad if Chewy hadn't stepped on me and shoved my face into the snow. But nonetheless I persevered and took off running around the ----
THIS POST HAS BEEN SACKED BY THE ORDER OF THE INNER SANCTUM. THE SNOWBIRD DOES NOT EXIST. IT NEVER HAS EXISTED AND TOADIE IS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know there are pictures somewhere . . .
Post a Comment