Friday, December 16, 2005

Just Call Me Costanza...

So, I'm standing in the Registrar's office going over my list of who is naughty and nice in the world of Mentored Ministry when my contact gets caught in my eye. I hate it when this happens. Its sort of in eye purgatory. It's not exactly on the eye and it's not exactly in the eye lid. As I am trying to get my contact to adjust to fix my blurry vision, the president walks through and makes a joke about a fellow colleague who is always complaining about something or another. Right at that moment, I tried to fix my contact but then realized that it came across as a wink. Why in the crap am I winking at our president? Everyone then feels awkward. At least I think they feel awkward. I can't see remember. But their presence exuberates awkwardness.

I wish that were the worst of it. I then walked into the restroom and before I could explain my situation, I'm pretty sure that I winked at 3 guys who were relieving themselves. Yep. I'm pretty much am now "the guy who winks at people in the bathroom."

Crap.

2 comments:

The McKnights said...

We didn't know that you were that kinda guy...wink wink!

John said...

man, you get a job and you hope you can turn over a new leaf...

some things never change