Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Heaviness

My heart was heavy last night while I was trying to go to sleep. My mind was racing around a conversation that I had with Nate Ross yesterday about his mission trip to Romania. At Nate talked about this trip, I could just see the excitement and passion flow from him. His sister, Rachel, is working over there with orphans and in one of the hospitals. He then told me some heartbreaking stories about some of the people that he encountered during their stay. He met several children with severe dissabilities and people with handicaps from decades of incest within the Gypsi population.

In a few short months, I too will be going on this same trip with some LCC students. I know that we are going to have our hearts broken and that we are going to be challenged in many great ways as we meet some wonderful people. The anticipation of this trip is affirming my heart for what God is doing around the world and reminding me of how much bigger other people's problems are compaired to mine.

1 comment:

flowergirl said...

nathan, so excited about these new steps you and lindsay are heading toward!! you are both in my prayers as you begin this adventure and continue to see God's faithfulness in your lives. i'm just catching up on blogs since i've been traveling. thanks also for your email about the mission project!