Even as I write these words, I find myself bombarded with a pleuthora of emotions. I have been wrestling with this decision for some time now but couldn't really talk about it until now due to the sensitive nature of the decision. Back in October, Pioneer Bible Translators approached me about becoming their Director of Recruitment. If I were to be completely honest with you, this job didn't really knock me off my feet. I have always had a great deal of admiration for their work and a great deal of respect for what they do but I never saw how I fit into their ministry strategy. I told them that I would listen and that I would seek if this was a place that the Lord was calling me to but I never felt anything in the process. But I kept my word in praying about it.
Something changed at the National Missionary Convention in Atlanta. I began to have this strong pull at my heart for all the unreached people groups that do not have the word of God in their heart language. I began to consider what if it were my daughter who was lost. I began to ask myself what I would do to give her an opportunity to respond to the gospel. The simple conclusion I came to is that I would pull out all the stops and not leave any stone unturned to give her the opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ. I then realized that so many people in this world do not have a voice to be heard. So many people do not have any advocates to cry out for them to people who can make a difference.
Over the coming weeks, God has shown Lindsay and I his heart for his children across the world that do not know him. Our heart's desire is to do everything in our power to find people who will be inspired to respond to this great opportunity of joining God in his work.
Leaving Lincoln will be an emotional move, there is no doubt about that. I simply love this place...but I have come to see that I love our God more. I love how God does the unthinkable and calls someone so unqualified as me to partner with him in something that is so amazing. May God be glorified.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Nathan, it takes a lot of courage to step out on faith. I know you know that but sometimes to hear someone, or see someone write it, makes it a little better to hear. Moving on with life, as God has waited for us to do, is sad at times but he reaps the benefits as do you...Okay, now I'm sounding like the Lowery men!!! We are very happy for you--all three of you.
Wow Nathan! I know that you and Lindsey will be awesome in this new opportunity!!!!
Wow! Good luck to you guys! Sounds like a good opportunity for ya.
Thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement. I was going to start a rumor about me getting fired but then realized that I probably don't need to start rumors since they will be coming on their own. For the unofficial record --I got fired for not believing in believing...at least that is what I believe they fired me for.
yeah right, you got fired for breaking that glass door on the Hole, didn't you? j/k. haha. i'll start that one along if you'd like.
Congratulations on the decision, and I completely understand where you're coming from. I heard this morning and I think it will be an excellent, very-fitting position for you. I'm excited to see you guys doing something you both have a passion for. I'll be praying for you guys over the next several months as you transition!
Congrats brother! You, Lindsey and Addie will be in our prayers as you continue your journey of following God's call. He won't let you down, cherish each moment as you say goodbye and greet the new days to come.
i never thought i'd see the day. i've always been impressed by your willingness to follow the Lord's lead. i have no doubt that your new venture will bear fruit.
ps - we hopes you find a playa who'll translate the ebonics verzion of the bybel.
p.s. - is your resignation the primary reason that i finally got a link on your blog?
p.s.s. - thanks for that.
Mandy -The truth is finally out. The school has secretly been looking for the perfect moment to through that door back in my face and now it is the source of my downfall. In all seriousness, thanks for the prayers. It is going to be a rollercoaster.
Justin and Jenny --Thanks for the reminder to live in the moment and not look to far ahead. Addy is growing up so fast. I wish you guys could come over and see this crazy kid dance.
Gentry --We are actually in talks with one Snoop Dogg about doing that translation for us. You also nailed it about connecting your blog with the day of resignation. I figure if I am going to go out, I am going to go out in style. What?
lol, toadie we know you never worked for lcc. you just kept showing up after you graduated and they didn't know how to tell you to leave.
i knew something was up when you told me your office was the one that said "MEN" on it.
congrats on the new job bro. i can't wait to hear stories about you bring the good news of our lord and savior Jesus Christ to the many sinful heathens in our world. maybe you should start with soebeck.
Miah- For the record, my office has the name plate of "women" and I have explained this many times. I once tried to convert SoeBeck but we ended up talking about baseball and textbooks. Deep down I think he wanted me to share the Roman Road with him but I opted out and decided to share with Him the Road to the Final Four. Both are effective models.
i'm a narcissist. shoot me.
well done sir best if luck to you..but do us all at LCC a favor and take mentored ministry with you...lol
Just read this today (1/9/06). Blessings on you, dude! No matter where the Lord leads, it's always right for us to follow...even if it's away from the cornfields! I would say something funny here, but it's too early in the morning. (Insert witty diatribe here from your own imagination to make this post more amusing).
Post a Comment