Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Students of Scripture

I know this post probably won't zing a lot of people out there but I came across some wonderful words of insight from Gordon Fee that really made me think about the humility that comes in being a student of scripture.

He writes, "God has spoken and continues to speak through these words [scripture] to bring people to himself and to build up his people through all the winds of change—and humble us, by reminding us that when all our work as exegetes is done, God still has the last word and we must bow before him in humble obedience."

Something about these words ring true after an eleven hour work day that was filled with moments of administration, study, problem solving and many pages of seminary reading. I find myself greatly humbled that God would allow us to know him. I am humbled that we have the blessing of scripture at our disposal. May we continue to live lives of gratitude by knowing God more intimately through his Word...and the Word that dwelt amongst us.

No comments: