Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Prophetic Maulings


Do you ever wish you could speak as powerfully as the prophets in the Old Testament? Sometimes I wish I could just walk into a situation knowing that my words would be backed up by seeing fire come down out of the sky to consume a pile of drenched wood, having the ability to run like a whirlwind like Elijah or maybe the occassional bear mauling of those individuals who deny justice to the innocent?

For example, this past Monday I and this jagbag got into an argument on the phone over $150. This guy just started yelling at me before I even told him why I upset. It would have been nice to have said, "Well, fine. You keep your $150 because that bear knocking on your door is going to eat your face off!" Arrrghhhh.

It's probably a good thing that I don't have these abilities because that same jagbag that I got into the argument with later called me back to apologize for being so rude to me. He even asked for my forgiveness. I then apologized for calling bears down to eat off his face. He didn't know what I was talking about...and then I pretended to run like the wind.

No comments: