This past Sunday, I went back to Rantoul Christian Church where I was a Youth Minister during my sophomore year of college. I got to see some of the "kids" that were in my youth group. One of the guys came up to me and thanked me for impacting his life. This is one of the coolest things I have ever heard in my whole life. Sometimes as a minister, you wonder the impact that you have on people and wonder if you ever made a difference.
On a side note: another kid came up to me and said, "I remember that one time in jr. church when you said that 'chocolate ice cream gave you gas."' So that is all that you remember from my ministry? You remembered a phrase that I said while playing the Telephone Game? Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
I'm sure my mother is proud.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Remember when that one girl from your youth group was in love with me, for no reason? That was good times.
I think the kids liked you because you were always jerky to them. Kids love that. Jerk.
There you have it. There is a reason why the kids in my youth group liked you --you have a cute face and you were jerky to them.
SoeBeck Song: Kid tested and Mother approved.
Ahahahahaha! I forgot to come back and read these comments! Hilarious! Who is Sarita la fresita? I forgot about the "cute face!"
I was a youth minister, once.
Soebeck Song entered my youth group.
I am no longer a youth minister.
Huh.
Brant
Post a Comment