Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Will Remember

I am often guilty of forgetting the many ways God has provided in my life. When I am in the middle of struggles, discouragement or just the hustle and bustle of life, I am quick to throw up my hands and ask, "God, where did you go?" The following entry are the words I received from a dear friend yesterday. Through these gentle words, I was reminding to remember God's faithfulness in my life:

Nathan,

Remember God's faithfulness to you in the past and it'll remind you that He never changes and will always remain faithful. I have what I call my "I will remember...." list. I have written down all the things God has done in my life. Whether it be healing my daughter "Anne" when she was three months old or His financial provision when "Will" and I were paying double bills because our house had not sold in Illinois. Someone left a check in "Will's" mailbox at the office.

I remember the victory he gives me each day when I'm tempted to be impatient and unkind in the way I speak towards my children and instead my words come out with love and I think, that was not me because I was really upset.

I remember that when I was living in rebellion towards God in high school, he still protected me even when I put myself in very dangerous situations. I remember that he has removed my sin as far as the east is from the west and he has hurled my transgressions into the depths of the sea.

Maybe you guys could make an "I will remember..." list.??

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is gracious to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:22-26.

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22.

I will remember this day the way God used these words to bless my heart and remind me of His neverending goodness.

1 comment:

Ed said...

I don't know about you, but I sured needed that encouragement. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.