Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A heart like Adeline's

I was humbled by my daughter Adeline the other day at Pizza Hut. We were sitting at our table eating our pizza when Adeline (who is now 9 months old) started waving at the people in the booth next to us. I don't know if waving can be considered a spiritual gift, but if it is Addy is the Mother Theresa of wavers. The kid has a way of smiling at people that just brings people a lot of joy.When I turned around to see who she was waving at, my eyes were met with the sights of some individuals that no one would consider to be the most attractive people in the world. They were the people that are usually stereotyped as hillbillies. Their hair was slicked back in a greasy mullet, their clothes were stretched and well worn out and they seemed to have more tattoos than teeth...However, my daughter greeted them with the same kind of excitement that she would extend to a prince or international dignitary. She simply showed unconditional acceptance. I never thought that I would aspire to be like a 9 month old. I hope that someday I will grow up to be like my daughter.

3 comments:

andy said...

toadie, what's up? this is andy king. how are you? i have a son now. he is almost 7 months old. you can check out my blog....
LiFEunnoTiced

later

Jennifer said...

Nathan, I am so happy you are blogging!

A boy named Toadie said...

Jamie --I'll try to get some pics up but Adeline is very particular about who she sends her pictures to. The kid charges me $2 everytime I take her picture. Don't even get me started about trying to get her autograph.

Andy --I totally miss you bro. Congrats on the world championship.

SoeBs --You are a batrastard.

Jennifer --I sheepishly need to ask which Jennifer you are. I couldn't pull up your profile and I know about 8 different Jennifers.