I have often prayed for God's Kingdom to come and His will be done but I'm not sure that I have ever allowed this prayer to consume me. What would it mean to see God's Will be done on earth as it is in heaven? What would it mean if I subjugated myself to living a life of obedience in humility to make this prayer a reality?
This past week, God confronted me with His grace and mercy in a manner that touched my soul, convicted my heart and revived my spirit. God reminded me that He is at work in this world and that lives are being changed daily for His glory. Sometimes I get so preoccupied with the daily hustle and bustle of life that I don't think and pray with eternity in my heart. Sometimes I walk through this life as if I am mailing in my service to God. What would happen if my life began to be molded with an attitude of "your Will be done, one earth as it is in Heaven."
On Sunday night of last week Lindsay and I watched a tribute video on the life of John Relyea. John was a PBT missionary to the Aruamu people of Papua New Guinea. His life work was translating the word of God into the heart language of the Aruamu people. Prior to John's decision to leave the comforts and loved ones of America, the Aruamu people had never heard the beautiful life- transforming words of scripture (on a side note there are still some 4,000+ people groups that do not have the word of God in their heart language). John has since left this world and has gone home to be with Jesus but his legacy --the translation of the Word of God still remains. As I watched this video, I was overcome with pure joy at the sight of this people that no longer lived in darkness. I was moved by the manner in which John and his wife Marsha loved their children and the people that they ministered to. As I watched this tribute come to an end, I began to think about my life's legacy. I am at that age when I need to start thinking about what I want my life's work to be.
When my days are long gone and the Toad is no more, will there be any signs in this world that there was a man that deeply loved God and cared for God's children?
May your kingdom come, your will be done...in my life.
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
toad. i agree with 1/2 of what soebeck says. and it's your lucky day because you get to pick which 1/2.
Post a Comment