Thursday, September 15, 2005

Two Stories for Sister Sara

So yesterday I was co-teaching the introduction to Christian College experience with another professor who will remain nameless. In order to protect his identity, we will simply call him Ondel Amsey. During the course of his lecture, Ondel says, "the internship is a great time for you to gain a lot of experience without having to be responsible for everything that takes place within the church. For example, if one of your youth sponsors is having sex with one of the kids in the youth group, you can just sit back and watch." Somehow, I don't think what Ondel meant to say and what the students heard was the same thing.

After class, I got this e-mail from a student:
"I'm a little confused right now. I went down to your office to ask you a question about Mentored Ministry, but you weren't there. So i asked your secertary but she didn't know so went into the warehouse, looking for you, but you werent there so she asked some guy the question, i have no clue who he was. and his response was no. so i told him that seems like a waste of time. and then he asked why. i simply said because im doing all this work for no credit. then he replies "fine sure, count it for 5 hours". i have no clue who this guy was so thats why im asking you. i just want to know if I can plan other things for my mentored ministry. thanks for your time."

My response: "I am that guy in the Warehouse."

4 comments:

miah said...

that is funny on several different levels.

John said...

you are definitely that guy

Lucas said...

That's hilarious! I don't know what else to say, but I wish I could have been there on both occasions. Well... not when the Youth Sponsor was ... you know...

Lucas said...

By the way, good Clint Eastwood reference (title)