"There have been some who were so occupied in spreading Christianity they never gave a thought to Christ." CSL
This morning in my devotion time, I read these words from Psalm 42. "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, 'Where is your God?' These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng. Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?"
As I read these words, I felt as if I were the one who had penned them. The last couple of days, I feel like I have been missing God. I feel like I have been so caught up in my work here that I have missed God in my activity. God, please give me one pure and holy passion to serve you. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart long for you. May I never get so preoccupied in your work that I lose you.
Monday, November 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment