Yesterday I helped my father-in-law remodel a house he is trying to sell. I spent the day painting baseboards, hallways, doorways and a bunch of other areas that professional painters usually miss. I still can't believe I painted the neighbors cat. Doh. While I was painting I had some of the most random thoughts:
1) I kept thinking about the time this girl in my 5th grade class sang this solo at the nursing home. To put it nicely she was awful. A bunch of my classmates and I laughed out loud during her performance. After she was done and we were climbing on the bus, I walked up to her and said, "Don't quit your day job." I think she cried --and I'm not even sure if she had a day job to go back to. We were in the 5th grade. Deanna, if you are out there. I'm sorry for laughing at you. There I said it.
2) I probably shouldn't quit my day job either --I don't think I'm going to be having Home Depot kicking my door down anytime soon to give painting demonstrations.
3) Adolf Hitler was a painter before he went nuts. Hmm.
4) I love being locked in the prison of thought. These days of manual labor at this house give me a lot of time to think and pray about God's calling upon my life. I think the monks had it right when they were required to balance their day of prayers with service. I think it is through our service, our prayers come alive and take on meaning.
5) Oh crap. I spilt paint on the floor.
6) That paint blotch looks a lot like Little Richard's wig.
7) I then had a conversation with Bill about how people's work ethic has changed since he was a kid. I find this observation very interesting. I wonder if our generation has taken on a sense of entitlement in regards to work in that we expect people to pay us the highest dollar for the least amount of work.
8) Do I come across as a hard worker or do people think I have a sense of entitlement in my support raising?
9) Laban required Jacob to work 14 years for Rebecca. I would work 14 years for my wife.
10) I wonder if the Cardinals will make it to the World Series tonight (Editor's note: Nope. Don't get me started about the lack of clutch hitting last night).
11) I think I figured out why the United Stated invaded Iraq. I'll share this in another post.
And that was just what I thought about before I reached the stairs.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
if you really figured out why Bush invaded Iraq with our soldiers than you and he are the only two privy to this info...just joking--Barak Obama basically said that on Oprah the other day, but he said it nicer and funnier--reading your post just brought it to mind. he is a pretty funny guy that Barak. turns out he even has a beer named after him. and he was on Oprah. he was much more distinguished that Tom Cruise was: no jumping around. i am set to be on Oprah next week. I will be trying to convince Oprah to sponsor Bible translators (my selling point will be the ability to later translate the Oprah book club selections for these people). miss you dude.
Best post today. Hands down. I actually saw part of the interview last night while I was watching the Cardinals get the beat down. Barak is one appealing guy. I don't agree with everything that he stands for but I appreciate his willingness to listen to other viewpoints.
Sarita --very valid point. He is clutch. In fact, he hasn't even made an out in the postseason, he is so clutch. Do you think he should get the start? Of course not. We want to wait and use him for a clutch situation. ha ahahaha (insert made scientist laugh here...followed by tears).
What's interesting to me is to compare what people said before the U.S. invaded Iraq and what the same people say now that things are harder than what we want them to be. I guess the politicians are hoping we won't remember what they said, since they want to appear smart and get elected. Some of us remember.
Post a Comment