Saturday, October 14, 2006
Smiles from Adeline
This weekend, I and the family made our way up to West Virginia to see Lindsay's dad and step-mom. It is absolutely beautiful up here on the mountain. Outside my window is a majestic array of brilliant hues, flickers of sunlight and a breathtaking mourning mist that seems to be creeping along to a slow waltz. Adeline is having an absolute ball. She keeps talking her papa into taking her on rides on his four wheeler around the farm. On these rides, they stop to pick up gourdes and feed the fish in the pond. After each trip she says, "Again." I absolutely love it when I see her filled with this type of joy. There is something about my daughter's smile that moves me. I had this same feeling last week out at the park as she was skipping along after another successful plunge down the slide. My prayer for my daughter is the same prayer that I had this morning after reading Psalm 37. I prayed that I would delight myself in the LORD and that he would be the desire of my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment