Monday, October 23, 2006

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Saturday night as we were riding back from my wife's sister's house I told Adeline, "Tomorrow we are going to church." She then resonded by asking, "Going God's house?"

"Yes, baby. We are going to God's house." How fun is that?

On the flip side, last night I started asking Adeline what she liked more. "Do you like pumpkins or applesauce?" To which she responded "Applesauce."

Me: "Do you like applesauce or Mommy more?"

Adeline: "Mommy"

Me: "Do you like applesauce or Daddy?"

Adeline: "Daddy"

Me: "Do you like applesauce or Itsy (the cat)? more?"

Adeline: "Itsy"

Me: "Do you like Itsy or Daddy more?"

Adeline: "Umm...Itsy"

Crap. Well, there you have it. If deduction serves me right, I'm a lot more favored than the pumpkins, a little more preferred than applesauce but not as popular as the cat.

9 comments:

The McKnights said...

Too bad for you pops...you might have better luck with a pet fish maybe??

A boy named Toadie said...

Probably not but that is a great suggestion...except the cat would probably eat the fish and then we would be back to where we started.

The Mollet Family said...

Well, according to Carissa, she can turn you into a pumpkin with her magic wand if you want her to...

A boy named Toadie said...

I think I might have better luck being a Kitty than a pumkin...or maybe a can of applesauce. Tell Carissa, it's on.

miah said...

come on, toadie, does her answer really surprise you?

A boy named Toadie said...

The cat is pretty cool and it does have a freakin' cool name. So I guess it doesn't surprise me but then again, I don't caugh up hairballs at the dinnertable...anymore.

soebeck said...

I am not sure about the theology you are teaching your daughter there. The church is not God's house! I mean comon, you are raising her to think like our elders. :)

A boy named Toadie said...

We actually followed up her statement by talking about how God's house is also in our hearts. Pretty slick huh?

soebeck said...

lol, nice. I was just kidding, but how did I have it figured that you would correct her theology anyway? That's my boy.