Saturday, March 15, 2008

False Optimism Part II


While I still think they are going to get thrashed by the Wisconsin Badgers tomorrow, I want to give serious props to the Fighting Illini. The have pulled out 3 huge W's back to back to back.

One of the frustrating things about this team all year has been their lack of ability to finish close games, remain out of foul trouble and hit free throws. While there were moments when they flirted with coughing it up like Doc Holiday in Tombstone, they pulled it out. Maybe they have figured out how to win the close ones.

While I'm handing out props, I think Tuby Smith is an incredible coach. The guy is a class act and knows how to win. I know he got tore up in the Kentucky press, but the guy can flat out coach. There stick that in your eye all you haters in the Bluegrass State.

And now I'm getting off my soapbox.

No comments: