Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse


During a recent interview with KDKA radio out of Pittsburgh, Senator Hillary Clinton admitted that she mistakenly thought she was under sniper fire in Bosnia in 1996. As it turns out, she wasn't under sniper fire; she was under fire of hugs from an 8 year old Bosnian boy who was greeting her at the airport.

No worries. I often confuse 8 year old boys with sniper riflemen on a daily basis. In fact, I can't remember the last time that an 8 year old DIDN't try to kill me. I believe it was just the other day that an eight year old tried to take me out while I was drinking from the garden hose.

The kicker of this story isn't in the fact that the Senator from New York misspoke as much as it is in the statement she said after her mixup was made known. Mrs. Clinton then declared, "This has been a very long campaign. … Last week for the first time in 12 years or so, I misspoke.”

What? You know exactly the last time that you misspoke --and you haven't done it since March of 1996! That is incredible. Good job...or wait, that's too bad...or I don't know what to say. I need to go take a nap.

I don't know what would feel worse: being so dang right all the time and then screwing up or having a 12 year run of being perfect broken in public during your run for the presidency. I mean, talk about lousy timing. Of all the times during this illustrious span of 12 years of being perfect, she had to misspeak in front of the entire American media.

The problem with me is that I now have to know what Mrs. Clinton said in 1996 that sticks out in her mind so much that she has committed the date to memory. I mean, it has been 12 freakin years since she messed up...now what could she have misspoke about?

The suspense is killing me...unless an 8 year old sniper beats me to it.

2 comments:

TWH said...

Relax, she just has a very bad memory. That's an occupational hazard with politicians.

Anonymous said...

The mistake she made in March of 1996 was saying, "i stand by my husband." What she meant to say was "That lousy b*stard!"