Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What?



Last night, Simon Cowell...err...I mean a friend of mine told me that Simon Cowell made the comment that the song, "Blackbird" by John Lennon was an "indulgent choice."
What the crap does that have to do with someone's singing ability? Where does this guy come off calling anyone indulgent? Plus, if you have ever listened to the I Am Sam soundtrack one Sarah McLachlan does an incredible job of singing this song. So stick that in your cake hole.
But then again, I don't watch this show and wouldn't know...right guys...guys?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While we are on the subject of Beatles songs that are jacked up, Target has ruined the song, "You say Goodbye, I say hello."

stinkin Target

A boy named Toadie said...

I hate Target for their return policy.

I know that has nothing to do with your thread or point, but I just want to make it clear that the Midwestern Monk is not in support of Target's lameness in taking back returns.

TWH said...

Anything bad related to the Beatles...blame on Yoko. I do.

A boy named Toadie said...

twh --that's pretty much good advice in all situations.

On a side note, I was listening to the "Magical Mystery Tour" yesterday...and there are some songs on that album that are flat out terrible.

g13 said...

oh toadie...this is a season of repentance. there is still time to change your ways.

confess to the tv gods that you've been caught in this pop-culture trap, watch season 1 of the wire on dvd and call me on monday.