
I did a random search on the internet for Davenport and I came across this picture of Bob Davenport. Since I have never met a Bob Davenport before, I began to wonder which one of these distinguished individuals was the forebearer of my surname. I immediately assummed that Bob Davenport was the respectable looking guy standing next to the barn...and then it dawned on me that B.D. is most likely the guy squatting under the horse who was probably captured in this picture on a dare...and then I realized that Bob Davenport is most likely the name of the horse. Crap.
Every once in a great while I think about how my family lineage has continued through the ages to produce me. If you think about it, the mere fact that you are reading this blog emplies that your ancestors survived wars, plagues, natural catastrophes and everything else that time has to offer to pass on your genes to you. I often wonder about the stories, dreams and challenges my ancestors had to go through in order to keep our family in existence. I also wonder if various family members were my contemporaries whether or not we would be friends.
Probably not. I don't like old people.
5 comments:
This picture shows a famous Bavarian racehorse and I can assure you his name is not Davenport. As you guessed, Davenport is the young man under the horse. He is the apprentice to the blacksmith who is wearing the leather apron. Young Davenport (nicknamed horsie) is in the process of putting new shoes on the horse. Holding the reins is the horse's trainer, standing next to him is the owner.
The guy on the left is the next door neighbor who just came over to see "horsie" who has been dating his daughter. Just prior to this picture being taken the neighbor was standing directly behind the horse. The photographere said, "Better move away from there unless you want to get kicked."
No wonder you don't like old people, they're all standing around while your ancestor is doing all the work. But then sometimes, there are occasions, when you need an old man.
Thanks for the info twh. I can only guess how many times people in my family tree have heard those rememorable words, "Better move away unless you want to get kicked." In fact, I've already have heard it twice today...and that was just at church.
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »
best regards, nice info Hard drive + thinkpad+ibm Internet washer free http://www.insurance-quotes-cheap-auto.info antidepressants depakote didrex online cod Nextel downloadable ring tones http://www.winsor-pilates-2.info tadalafil Camping equipment manufacturers
Post a Comment