Yesterday as I was preparing for Sunday morning worship, I came across these words in John 14:13-14, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
As I read these words, it struck me how much Jesus centered his life around bringing glory to the Father. Christ desires this so much that if we ask for anything in his name that will bring glory to the Father, he will do it.
As I tried to get my mind around this idea, I was convicted on how I need to center my prayers and activities towards the outcome of brining glory to God. As I allow this scripture to penitrate my heart, I realize my prayers are often focused upon my comfort, my well-being and often neglect any aspirations for focusing on bringing glory to God.
May you glory reign Lord. Please use my life, my work and my family to bring your glory throughout the earth.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment