Today is a bitter-sweet day. By God's provision, we are finally moving to Dallas, TX to pursue our dreams of being missionaries with PBT. Even though we have not raised our complete budget, God has provided us with just enough funds to make the move to Dallas. In case you haven't heard, going into this week we were $200 a month short of being able to afford our rent. By God's grace, we heard back from a church in Indiana who decided to support us for...$200. The exact amount that we needed! Whoo hoo!
How awesome and amazing is God! I keep wondering, "who are we that God is so good to us?"
Since we are moving to an apartment, we are not able to move all of our things out of storage. However, this has given me the chance to show off my crazy ability to pack a car. All those hours of Tetris as a kid are now finally paying off.
With this departure comes the difficulty of saying goodbye to family. I know they are proud of us and I know that they want us to follow God's calling more than anything else. Saying goodbye is difficult nonetheless...especially knowing it might be a few months before we see them again.
In light of our move, I wonder what the Father and Son talked about prior to Jesus' advent to earth. What did they talk about? What were the last things the Father impressed upon the Son's heart? Did he remind him of His love? Did they embrace? Did the Father second guess himself and consider another option? Scripture is silent on these matters. But my small brain thinks about them all the same.
My prayer is that God will use this move and our work to bring many men and women into a relationship with God the Father through saving knowledge and love of Jesus Christ.
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We know God will provide...it's his nature. we are proud of all you do for the kingdom...plus you get warmer weather.
Hey, if you bomb out, you can come stay in our basement! We have done more for less worthy people! The truth is letting your grown children go must be heart breaking. Our oldest will probably not move far from P-town. Evan Reilly on the other hand is already talking about moving to California to play in a garage band and skateboard. I will start passing my resume around California if that happens.
Jacob came home to Isaac and Rebekah, and Jacob was reunited with Joseph. Jacob held his grandchildren who he didn't know existed on his knees in old age.
Family ties are stronger than dimensions of time and distance. Go well and be blessed. I am confident you won't bomb out, you've got talent and passion. You already have all the blessings and gifts you need. But I also know that God is in this and there will be even more blessings.
We are so excited for your family. My advice is to cherish every moment of this. You will never again be starting out on your first adventure, so love every good and bad minute of it. Laugh in the midst of frustration and cling tightly to God and one another during the difficult times. I love to read your updates so keep them coming. We'll be praying.
I think God said to Jesus this is going to stink.. for the both of us. More you than me, but I will still hurt for me too.
Putting your fate and faith in God is something we do everyday but preparing to go to the mission field makes you so much more aware of it. LUCKKKKKY
And take luck :)
Post a Comment