Friday, February 23, 2007

Welcome to Taxes!

Well its official, I am now a resident of the great state of Texas. However, after paying several different fees, I wonder if they misspelled Taxes when they put it on the map. After all the damage was done, I am now a resident and $500 poorer. Welcome to Texas, chump.

The highlight of my day was when Lindsay and I were at the DMV and the lady behind the counter asked the gentleman to my right to raise his right hand. The guy instinctly raised his left instead. It was something right out of a movie, "Sir, would you please raise your right hand...your other right hand."

I laughed at that all day...until they told me how much I owed them in taxes. And then I cried.

The end.

2 comments:

John said...

everything's bigger in Texas.

Kellie said...

Just a warning....they don't joke around about those car inspections in Texas. My parents lived in Texas when I was at LCC, so legally bound to Texas residency & car inspection. Anyways, I tried to slip out of town one morning after Christmas not having gotten my car re-inspected. The cops nailed me right on the way out of town & to date that is my only ticket - failure to have car inspection.

All that said, I could go on like Bubba Gump about the cream gravy down in Texas. Enjoy!