Saturday, February 10, 2007

A New Start

Houston may have a problem but Dallas now has a Midwestern Monk. I kicked around the idea of changing the name of this blog but I came back to the ole proverb: "You can take a monk out of the Midwest but how you can truly never take the Miwest out of a monk."

And who am I to change hundreds of years of wisdom?

I am so excited about the work we are about to embark upon. The day after we arrived, we went on a retreat with our colleagues. This was a lot different from other retreat I have been to. The main emphasis of our business was prayer. As an organization, we have decided that prayer is going to be our primary strategy for our work. We prayed over each of the members of our team, we prayed about our goals. We searched through scripture to consider the things in our lives that we need to alter in order to serve God the best.

The two things that jumped out at me in during this time is that:

1) I need to trust God with the outcomes of my work.
2) I need to allow God to be the primary recruiter in my work.

I am strongly convinced that God made/makes support raising so difficult so that we are completely relient upon Him in all that we do.

We have also had a blast getting together with old friends and making new ones. There is such a great spirit of love, family and care in this team.

I fully believe God brought us here for a time such as this. I can't wait to see what he does next.

No comments: