Friday, February 02, 2007

Friends Do the Stupidest Things

So I have this friend...Larry. Yeah Larry. As of late, Larry has been doing some substitute teaching as he prepares for work that is totally not related to missions. One day as I...was talking to Larry he told me about how he accidently dropped an eraser near the head of one of his students who was reading below the whiteboard.

After nearly hitting the student in the head, Larry picked up the eraser and made a joke about how he was trying to hit this student in the head...just like Larry's 8th grade teacher Mrs. Whatsherface had done many years ago in response to Larry's great humor and wit. Larry then tried to bonk the student on the head with the eraser in jest. Larry missed and accidently hit the little girl in the eye. The girl cried out, "My mom's a lawyer!"

Then there was weeping and gnashing of teeth. The next day the girl's mother contacted the school. Larry was just kidding about the lawyer part.

Yep. Larry is probably the worst substitute teacher the world has ever known.

Boy am I glad that I'm not Larry.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

sounds like Larry has trouble pretending...kind of like shoving keys up someone's nose.